CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

02 May 2008

A Clarification

...of sorts!

I have, over the past several days, had much difficulty in conveying exactly what May 1 was to bring for me. This is especially shocking when you factor in that I have kissed the Blarney stone.....twice.

That being said, two distinct thoughts have dawned upon me. First is that the easiest explanation for what I am trying to do is this: I am attempting to weed out all facets in my life that are, or can be, described as an instant gratification. I believe that, in searching for happiness, love and serenity, instant gratification provides a hollow and superficial substitute that is not long lived. I know that this is not news to many people. And that is great for them. I am at this point on my journey and that truth, while masked by rules and guidelines on my previous attempts, has just clarified itself to me.

The second of the two distinct thoughts is this. When all is said and done, I am doing this for myself. I am seeking to know who I am, what I want, where I am going, and all of the other existential questions, for myself and no one else. While interest and support from others is great, ultimately, I am answerable only to myself on this trek. I don't want to seem ungrateful or rude, as that would be completely antithetical to my purpose. At the end of the day, I am the only one who has to know, (even if it is only a "feeling" that I know), the reasonings behind what I am doing.

But for anyone curious, day 2 is going well.

Until Next Time,

0 Messages of Encouragement Received Today: