CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

27 January 2009

Treading Water

I'm doing much better than even 24 hours ago. This was written as a plea for help to the one place I thought I could turn and the response I never expected. I'm glad I'm no longer suicidal, but yesterday hurt. It hurt in the depression and it hurts still today. Not if, but when, I go into another depression, I have to have a new place to turn.


Treading Water (Alan McStravick, 2009)

You were the one who got me
I thought you’d understand
I’m slipping underwater
You’re standing on dry land

Begged you for a lifeline,
one without condition;
All you could offer
was nothing for me

In my time most desperate
a time before the end
you just wouldn’t understand
and for someone
grasping at straws
you offered me the knife

What kind of life is this?
Existing to exist
Is this your brand of tough love
or have you given up too?
Not that I could blame you
why should you plead
For a life I’ve written off

0 Messages of Encouragement Received Today: