CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

03 April 2009

Every New Beginning Comes From Some Other Beginnings End

I have received support and encouragement from places I fully had an expectation of support and also from those that I feel truly graced to have even received consideration from.

My father, whom I was certain would be happy for my recovery, surprised me with an overwhelming response of support and gratitude. The man whose name was once used by my older brother and myself as an insult of sorts has shown himself to be one of the wisest and most gracious people I know. Why is this revelation granted in my second decade of adulthood?

My friends and workout/running partners were moved to their apartments today. I am going to have to force myself to continue the workout regimen that has yielded some pretty exciting results, thus far. I am happy for them that they are able to move on, but I will miss them, as they have been my near constant companions for the previous few weeks.

I am having perpetual 'aha' moments, with regard to my recovery and just how closely associated with my depression it actually is. I will write about this more in the very near future. Before I do, however, I have to make some amends.

I have made 5 meetings in as many days. Tonight will be day 6. I am hopeful that I feel more welcome at this meeting than I was at last nights. I feel that, as a new member, some of the more advanced attendees regarded the new guys as an imposition to the meeting rather than the reason for it. And then again, maybe I was just being hyper-sensitive.

This seems enough for right now.

Until next time.

1 Messages of Encouragement Received Today:

Adam said...

Alan, its Adam. Ive been trying to reach you, but your number doesn't work. Give me a ring.